Are you a fan of the horror genre? Do you enjoy watching scary movies or reading terrifying novels in the middle of the night? Do you find slasher-horror movies horrifyingly entertaining? Then you’ll definitely enjoy Horrorfield. This game was developed by Russian game studio Skytec that players may remember from titles Card Heroes and Godlands. This time, they decided to create something entirely different, and judging by the players’ feedback, they succeeded.
Horrorfield – Multiplayer Survival Horror Game is an online team-based action horror. In this game, up to four survivor players have to work together in order to escape the grasp of psychotic maniac killer. The basic game’s goal is very reminiscent of old school hide and seek game. The goal of survivors is to repair several broken generators, which will allow them to open the exit gate and escape. Psycho’s goal is fairly simple – hunt down the survivors and catch them before they manage to escape.
There are seven different survivors you can choose from.
- Basketball Player – his specialty is running very fast. In other words, the big baddies will have a much harder time catching up to him
- Doctor – she can heal herself and the other survivors, which can help tremendously in certain situations
- Engineer – he has the ability to fix generators and craft specific items much faster than other survivors
- Thief – she has high dexterity and stealth, which enables her to hide better than the others
- Mercenary – he has high morale, which means he is less likely to panic in certain situations
- Scientist – he has the ability to upgrade military equipment and he also possesses the aura of wisdom
- Police Officer – he can catch the murderer
Each of these characters is well suited for a certain situation, but in order to escape successfully, all survivors must work together as a team. Since there are four of them in each game, and only one psycho, to balance things out, the psychos are significantly more powerful than the survivors. There are four different psychos players can choose from.
- Butcher – he has the ability to break the generators, which will prevent players from accessing the escape gate
- Cultist – this one is a damned monster who escaped from the mental hospital and is obsessed with sacrificing the survivors
- Ghost – has the ability to pass through the walls and can also terrify its victims
- Beast – this hungry werewolf monster can turn into a vicious wolf and quickly catch his prey
As you play through the game, you’ll be able to level up the characters and unlock new abilities that will help you tremendously. This progression is the thing that will keep you occupied for hours since you’ll always have a new goal to strive to. And given the fact that each character has a separate progression, you will always have something to motivate you to play the game.
Graphics and UI
Visually, the game looks pretty decent. Graphics are good and well detailed, and the characters’ animations are well done. The game is well optimized and runs smoothly on many different devices. The controls are simple and intuitive, and very responsive. You’ll always have the feeling that you are in total control of your character, and this aspect of the game is neat and polished.
The atmosphere in this game is top notch. There is always that constant fear of being hunted by the psychotic killer, and you never know where and when he’s going to attack. Also, whenever your character is wounded, they will limp and move slower, but even if you manage to run away, there is always the chance your survivor will start panicking, which will immediately alert the psycho of your presence. This will keep you on the edge of your seat and is precisely what makes the game so fun and exciting.
Overall, Horrorfield is a good game that will provide you with many hours of entertainment, whether you like playing as one of the survivors or as a psychotic killer who hunts down his prey.