Shovel Knight: King of Cards is the last and final campaign of the entire Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove game saga. The title is a suitable grand finale for it brings four new worlds, 30 new courses, and new rich content. However, despite the planned King of Cards, Treasure Trove, and Showdown release date on April 9, 2019, Yacht Club Games delayed it for a couple of more months.
This release is, much to the fans’ dismay, facing ‘several months’ delay. The upcoming Shovel Knight: King of Cards is the fourth and final campaign of the Shovel Knight franchise and it features King Knight. The game is announced to be FTP (free to play) if you already own the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
The story revolves around King Knight and his ascension to the Kingdom’s throne as he joins The Order of No Quarter. The developer, Yacht Club Games, shared some insight earlier on the new stuff that was coming our way. The entire Knight’s move set was redesigned with new mechanics and abilities.
He will have:
- Shoulder Bash – a forward dashing attack which does damage to enemies but can also be used in mid-air to traverse platforms as a sort of a double jump. Hitting an object like a wall sends the knight twirling but it is manually controlled, as it is reported by several sources. There were also implications that the Knight’s cape could be used to reflect projectiles, but it is unconfirmed.
- “Dig the Vote” – presented ideas of a “Kingly Strut”, which is a meter for a resource the Knight spends for special moves.
- Royal Decrees – the King will supposedly be able to use gold to cheat the level.
- New Health Bar – Shovel Knight: King of Cards will bring a new form of a health bar with hearts. Enemies will drop hearts to replenish your HP.
- Heirlooms – the Knight will be using different relics called Heirlooms and new currency as well
The campaign will bring four new worlds and thirty all-new stages, with new enemy types and bosses of course. The name King of Cards comes from a card battle game which will be integrated as a mini-game and called Joustus. The precise Shovel Knight: King of Cards release date is currently unknown but we hope it will come when the summer starts.