A guide for Veres, a hero from Arena of Valor (AoV) game. Here you can find a bunch of tips, tricks,
guides, stats, and ways to counter strengths and expose the weaknesses!
AoV Veres SUMMARY
LVL priority: Focus on Bloody Fangs, it has superior base damage and scaling.
Play-sample: At lvl 1, build up 3 stacks of passive on river crab and enter the lane. Get close to the enemy, build the 4th stack and try to land passive onto an enemy champion. From this point on, try to hit the enemy with as many passive procs as possible.
If you are at 2 stacks or less, start the combat with Serpent’s Embrace, immediately followed by 1st skill. This way if you hit with Serpent’s Embrace, it will be much easier to land Blood Fangs as well, effectively stunning the target for nearly 2 seconds. However, if you have 3 stacks, first you need to spend those stacks. The reason behind this is simple, if you have 3 stacks and land Serpent’s Embrace, the 4th stack will activate the passive during which you can’t use skills, therefore the target will be able to move/escape before you can use Blood Fangs.
AoV Veres Abilities
AoV Veres Pros and Cons
- Executioner. Thanks to the ultimate true damage, its synergy with Fenrir’s Tooth, and the distance from which it can land, the potential for finishing off targets is great.
–playing vs Veres, counter: Don’t get anywhere near her while under 30% of HP.
- Strong passive provides good sustain and control immunity. However, it goes without saying one must land a few good casts, otherwise it is worthless. This is why Veres takes some time to practice.
–playing vs Veres, counter: most of the times it is easier to avoid passive by standing on top of her.
- Decent control and damage. The control comes from 1st and 2nd skill is good enough for solo and skirmish fights, in team fights Veres control is just enough to pick off stray targets or assist those with more potent control. The damage part comes from consecutive passive and ultimate hits.
–playing vs Veres, counter: moving sideways will significantly drop chances of being hit by Serpent’s Embrace, while not fighting when below 50% HP will drop the risk of being taken down by just one long range ability.
- Awkward skillset. Passive is donut shaped skill, 1st skill is cup-shaped (reverse cone) skill that only hits with its thin edges (to stun the target it must be at almost exactly 400 range, no more or less), 2nd skill is extremely narrow and difficult to land if target is moving sideways, and the ultimate can easily miss targets that are very close to Veres.
- Squishy like with other Melee assassins, Veres must balance the build, to have enough damage to burst down an enemy and to have enough toughness to survive brutal melee environment in team fights. This will require careful item-build adjustment from game to game.
- High skill requirement, a lot of practice and good internet connection. The conditions for playing Veres at a high level goes beyond what is expected for other heroes. While for other heroes it is good enough to guess the direction and maximum distance between you and target, with Veres you have to pay attention to minimum distance as well.
–playing vs Veres, counter: engage when she has 0 – 1 stack and stay very close/on top of her. This will negate a good portion of her power.
AoV Veres Item Build
AoV Veres talents and arcana
AoV Veres tips and tricks
Laning as AoV Veres: She can be played in the jungle or maybe even as support, her main position is DS lane. At start check for invading, if it’s happening, lvl up 2nd skill, help jungler if he is on your side. If the jungler is on another part of the jungle than pull the buff-monster, let it reset, and go to the lane. In lane play aggressive but safe. This may sound contradictory but it is the main reason why Veres is so difficult to play. On one hand, she is relatively squishy assassin type while melee range extremely dangerous. On the other hand, she needs to stay in melee range in order to activate the passive as much as possible. However, one thing going for her is the increased melee attack range, which is 400 units (same as Maloch). It is the same distance at which passive and 1st skill are most effective, which means: If you want to be effective Veres player, keep the enemies exactly at a maximum distance of your melee attack AT ALL TIMES (be it by clever movement or by 2nd skill). Once you get used to it, everything else falls in line perfectly and this hero becomes very powerful.
Team Fights as AoV Veres: In team fights, Veres’ job is consist of three equally important parts. First, follow up on initiation and deal as much damage as possible with Bloody Kiss (the only proper Area DMG skill). By doing so you ensure enough life steal and movement. The second part is to pick and control stray targets with 2nd and 1st skill. And finally, third is to execute targets at less than 30% HP. Focus on these three aspects while constantly maintaining a distance of 400 (Veres’ max normal attack distance), and good performance is almost guaranteed.
It will take some practice to be effective, but Veres is really really fun to play. If you want to know more about other Arena of Valor (AoV) champions, check out our Heroes section where you can find a bunch of guides, tips, tricks, and stats.